The Honorary Officer’s Corp is a non-profit organisation comprised of volunteer members who offer their time and services to supplement and support the staff of Ezemvelo KwaZulu-Natal Wildlife in their efforts to protect biodiversity and conservation in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
The primary focus of the organisation is biodiversity conservation and the management of the 99 protected areas and two World Heritage Sites (uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park and Isimangaliso Wetland Park) situated in KwaZulu-Natal. The organization also applies provincial nature conservation legislation and its associated regulations. A secondary but nevertheless vital aspect, is the management a large eco-tourism operation in South Africa. The Honorary Officer’s Airwing Group is a specialist Airwing Unit in KwaZulu-Natal based in the Pietermaritzburg area.
1. Integrity: To act morally, ethically and with honesty at all times.
2. Respect: To treat stakeholders with patience, politeness, and acknowledge and value their rights and those of the environment.
3. Accountability: To involve stakeholders in the organisation’s activities with a culture of openness and to remain answerable for the outcome of our actions and activities.
4. Team work: to work together to achieve our mission.
5. Innovation: to be an adaptable organisation that embraces the culture of creativity and learning.
6. Excellence: to be a progressive organisation applying best practices to achieve the highest quality and standards.
7. Commitment: to undertake our activities with passion, loyalty and dedication.
8. Productivity: to undertake to produce results timeously, efficiently and effectively.